When you hear the word “TEST” what do you think?
Many students hear the word “TEST” and get a little nervous, anxious… maybe you feel sweaty or begin to have an upset stomach.
And – I want you to know – that’s normal. It’s normal to feel a little nervous or anxious when you’re about to take a test. Did you know there are some things you can do to better prepare for the test? Here are some things you might try!
- Get plenty of sleep. (at least 7-8 hrs)
- Eat a well balanced breakfast.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Wear glasses or insert contact lens if necessary.
- When the test starts and your nerves increase… Breathe… Take some deep breaths, let’s practice! Click here for some videos.
You might think positive thoughts. Instead of “Ah man, I hope I don’t fail this test…” Think, “I got this, I’m going to do my thing on this test.” Remember a few test taking strategies:
- If the questions that seem too hard, you come back to them once you’ve answered questions you definitely know.
- When you feel like you’re done, go back and check over your answers before you submit your test.
- After you’ve finished… You might take a couple of deep breaths and celebrate because it’s over.
YOU DID THAT!